It’s 2020 and for the first time in a very long time, I failed to see the ball drop in Time Square on New Year’s Eve. The plan was to welcome the new year in with my husband and a glass of champagne. I might have made it, if I hadn’t decided to stretch out on the couch. Happy new year!
Please note, there will be no congregate meals served at our North Conway and Silver Lake meal sites this Tuesday, Jan. 14. Both dining rooms will be closed that day. The Veteran’s Coffee group will meet on Wednesday at 10 a.m. A vision specialist will be here to talk about benefits and gadgets currently available to veterans. All are welcome.
We are still desperately looking for someone to volunteer in the Thrift Shop on Fridays from 12:15 to 2:15 p.m. If you enjoy working with people and have two hours per week to offer, call Karen at (603) 356-3231 any Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Don’t forget to check the schedule of events below or go to gibsoncenter.org for other programs and events taking place this month. Have a wonderful weekend and God bless.
Monday, Jan. 13: Chair exercise class starts at 10:30 a.m. in the activity room. Word Search Fun Day will meet at 12:30 p.m. in the activity room. Tai ji quan moving for better balance starts at 3:30 p.m. in the Gibson activity room.
Tuesday, Jan. 14: Strength, balance and stretch classes today at 10 a.m. in the activity room. No congregate meals today in North Conway or Silver Lake. Board the bus at 3 p.m. for River Dance.
Wednesday, Jan. 15: Medicare counseling with Service Link is available by appointment today. Call (603) 356-3231 to reserve your spot. A Vision specialist from the VA will join the Veteran’s Coffee meet at 10 a.m. in the activity room. Game Day begins at 12:30 p.m. in the activity room.
Thursday, Jan 16: Chair exercise starts at 10:30 a.m. in the activity room. Crossword Fun Day begins at 12:30 p.m. in the social room. Caregiver Peer Support Group will meet in the social room at 12:30 p.m. Tai ji quan moving for better balance starts at 3:30 p.m. in the activity room.
Friday, Jan. 17: One-on-one computer help with Quentin. Call (603) 356-3231 for an appointment. Strength, balance and Stretch classes at 10 a.m. in the activity room. MWV Arts Friday Painters group will meet at 12:30 p.m. in the activity room.
The Gibson Center will be closed Monday, Jan. 20, in remembrance of Martin Luther King Day.
Is living a healthier, more active life your personal goal? Come join a Gibson exercise class.
Strength, balance and stretch classes are held every Tuesday and Friday.
Chair exercise classes are held on Monday and Thursday mornings from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Belly dance classes with Joanne Bailey are held Thursdays from 9 to 10 a.m. The cost is $20 for six classes.
Tai ji quan moving for better balance: Classes are Monday and Thursday at Gibson at 3:30 p.m. in the activity room.
• Strength, Balance & Stretch classes Tuesdays and Fridays 10 to 11 a.m.
• Service Link Medicare Counseling. Third Wednesday of the month. Call (603) 356-3231 for an appointment.
• Caregivers Peer Support program every Thursday from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
• Veteran’s Coffee: A chance to spend time with fellow veterans. Meets the first and third Wednesday of the month at 10 a.m.
• Learn to Knit: Tuesdays after lunch at Silver Lake Landing. Beginners welcome.
• Quilting: Second and fourth Wednesday of the month from 10 a.m. to noon. All are welcome.
• Friday Painters: a different subject each week. Bring your own supplies. Meet after lunch on Fridays in activity room.
Payment is due when you sign up for a trip. Checks are not cashed until the day of the trip. Call (603) 356-3231 to sign up.
• River Dance: Jan. 14. Tickets are $85 and still available.
• Elvis and Roy Orbison: Feb. 7. The cost is $44.
• The Spirit of Johnny Cash: March 13. The cost is $46.
• Russian National Ballet – “Sleeping Beauty”: March 18. The cost is $62.
• Sunny Portugal: April 14-23. The cost is $3,899 per person, double occupancy.
Menu: Monday, northern corn and clam chowder; Tuesday, no congregate meals today; Meals on Wheels, chicken and sausage stew; Wednesday, bierock pie; Thursday, pasta bolognese; Friday, seafood Newburg.