Well, it’s the middle of July, and I finally got the leaves from last fall that were in my backyard raked up. It’s rather nice to look out the window and see green instead of brown. Of course, in my case, the green is due more to moss and weeds than grass. Still, green is green, and I’ll take what I can get.
It was a hot Fourth of July, but fortunately the rain held off for the most part and we had a great turnout for our craft fair. We received a wonderful turnout, too, for our most recent dine-to-donate event at Flatbread. All of us at the center send our most sincere thanks to everyone who took the time to attend these events. Your support is truly appreciated. Please be sure to check out the upcoming trips Jill has scheduled over the next several months at gibsoncenter.org. Most trips fill up quickly, so be sure and stop by the front desk or call Penny at (603) 356-3231. You’ll be glad you did.
One final thing I regret to mention. Apparently on the evening of the fireworks in North Conway, several of our lawn chairs were removed from our front terrace. We would truly appreciate it if whoever borrowed our chairs to watch the fireworks kindly returned them to the terrace. Thank you.
Don’t forget to join Jill on Friday at 12:30 p.m. for the next 100 Day Challenge Walk. Have a wonderful weekend and God bless.
Monday, July 15: Word Game Fun Day, 12:30 p.m., in the social room.
Tuesday, July 16: Lunch will also be served at Silver Lake Landing at noon. MWV Band Concert — leave Gibson at 3:30 p.m. for home pick-ups. Bring a picnic supper and a lawn chair. Call (603) 356-3231 to sign up.
Wednesday, July 17: Service Link/Medicare Counseling: Call (603) 356-3231 for an appointment. Veteran’s Coffee and J.C. Penney Pancake Meet, 10 a.m. Wii Games, 10:30 a.m. Game Day, 12:30 p.m.
Thursday, July 18: Maritime Slide Show, 12:30 p.m., in the activity room. Peer Support for Caregivers, in the social room, 12:30 p.m.
Friday, July 19: Free 1:1 Computer help sessions; call 356-3231 for an appointment. Board the bus at 12:30 p.m. for the 100 Day Challenge Walk. The Community Health Fair will take place all day today at the White Mountain Clinic in Conway on Route. 16.
• Tai Ji Quan Moving for Better Balance classes are Monday and Thursday at 3:30 p.m. at the Gibson Center; and Monday at 10:30 a.m. and Thursday at 11:30 a.m. at Silver Lake Landing.
• Strength, Balance and Stretch classes. Tuesdays and Fridays, 10-11 a.m.
• Chair exercise class, 10:30-11:30 a.m., Monday and Thursday, Gibson Center activity room.
• Belly Dance classes with Joanne Bailey, Thursdays, 9-10 a.m., $20 for six classes.
• Caregivers Peer Support program, Thursdays, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
• Craft clubs: Learn to Knit: Tuesdays after lunch at Silver Lake Landing. Beginners welcome.
• Quilting: the second and fourth Wednesday of the month,10 a.m.-noon. All are welcome.
•Friday Painters: a different subject each week — bring your own supplies. Meet after lunch on Fridays in activity room.
Menu: Monday: spaghetti and meatballs; Tuesday: bratwurst and sauerkraut; Wednesday: cheese omelets; Thursday: seafood Newburg; Friday: chicken Parmesan.