CONWAY — Sut Marshall, Class of 1959; Mandi Manoogian, ’01; Sarah (Martin) Keyser, ’01; Jennifer (Luoma) McCracken, ’02; Ricky Gaudreau, ’10; Allison Wagner, ’11; and coach Phil Haynes, a member of the Class of 1970, make up the 27th group chosen for Kennett High’s Sports Hall of Fame. They will be inducted Saturday, Nov. 9, in a ceremony at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort in North Conway.

The festivities at the Red Jacket begin at 6 p.m., followed by a dinner at 7 p.m., with induction to begin at about 8 p.m. Tickets, which include dinner and a social hour, are $39 per person and can be obtained by calling Bob Russell at (603) 447-5257.

Tickets must be purchased by Monday, Nov. 4. There will be no sales at the door.

Over the next few days the Sun will highlight each of the inductees.

Mandi Manoogian, Class of 2001

Manoogian, who lives in Dover, is a district sales coordinator for Aflac. Manoogian was a two-sport standout at Kennett, playing four years of basketball and softball for the Eagles, where she earned four varsity letters in softball and three in basketball.

In softball, playing shortstop, Manoogian helped the Eagles win back-to-back state championships in 1999 and 2000. She was team captain her senior year.

In basketball, Manoogian played guard and was an offensive threat. She was elected team captain her senior year. Manoogian earned All-State, Second-Team honors in 2001.

While at Kennett, in 2001, she received the prestigious George Davidson Award and garnered the Young Women’s Athletic and Academic Excellence Award.

She was also the sports editor for The Black and White, the KHS student newspaper.

Manoogian attended Springfield College in Springfield, Mass., where she played two years of college basketball. She received the Silent Assassin Award in 2002 for her deadly three-point shooting.

Manoogian graduated from Springfield in 2005 with a degree in sports management and made the dean’s list all four years.

Today, Manoogian still loves to compete in athletics. In 2004, she ran and successfully complete the Boston Marathon on behalf of Griffin’s Friends, a children's cancer support group.

Sarah (Martin) Keyser, Class of 2001

Keyser, who lives in Hampton with Chris, her husband, and their two daughters, Ingrid and Anya, is a certified physical therapist. At Kennett, she excelled in track and basketball. She earned four varsity letters in track and three in basketball.

In track, Keyser was team captain her senior year. In 1999, she set the school record of 35’7.5” in the triple jump, a mark that still stands. She was the Wilderness League triple jump champion her sophomore, junior and senior years. In Class I, she qualified as a freshman in the triple jump for the championships as well as a member of the 4X400 relay team. She as Class I champion in the triple jump as a freshman.

In 1999, 2000 and 2001, Keyser qualified for the Class I Championships in the 100-meter hurdles and the triple jump. She repeated as Class I champion her sophomore year.

Keyser qualified for the prestigious Meet of Champions all four years at Kennett, in the 100-meter hurdles as a freshman and senior and the hurdles and triple jump her sophomore and junior years.

She qualified for the New England Track and Field Championships in the triple jump her junior year.

In basketball, Keyser was team captain her senior year, leading the Eagles in rebounds.

While at Kennett, in 2001, she garnered the New Hampshire High School Women’s Athletic and Academic Excellence Award.

Keyser attended Springfield College, graduating in 2005 with a bachelor of science degree followed by a master of science in physical therapy in 2006. She also received the Margaret Kleinfeld Physical Therapy Award.

At Springfield, Keyser participated in five years of track. She was team captain in 2004 and ’05.

In 2005, she trained with the Jamaican Olympic Track and Field Team during spring break. She was the Maroon Athlete of the Week in 2004.

Today, Keyser is an avid sprint distance triathlete. She has also participated in N.H. Reach the Beach Relay.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.