CONWAY — The Ski and Snowboard Outlet and Liquidation Center has been in town for over 20 years, and this summer proprietors Larry and Stephanie Manson have opened a brand-new shop in a great new location dedicated to high-end ski and boot service.
They have a specialty shop staffed by employees who actually ski and snowboard. They have assembled a crew with more experience than you're likely to find anywhere.
• Gregg Dawson is the tuning and demo specialist. He grew up skiing and racing in the valley at his family’s second home and worked for Marker as a race technician before joining the Ski and Snowboard Outlet team. His dad was the longtime K2 ski rep, a role his brother Scott has now.
• Jim Rockett, the general manager, is a ski industry veteran who has worked at many resorts, in snowboard company management, 20-plus years with Atomic and in retail since the early 1990s.
• Sandra Manson previously worked the American Ski Co. and has been part of the Ski and Snowboard Outlet and Liquidation Center from the very beginning.
• Tom Bouchie grew up in Moultonborough and was previously a ski instructor at Attitash for many years. He taught a ton of kids to ski in the ATV program and later on in the freestyle program.
Mark Bettencourt is the boot fitting and race specialist. The longtime local worked for Atomic Skis and Volkl/Tecnica as East Coast race technician. He traveled on the World Cup circuit and Nor-Am series for years and was the “bird dog” who discovered Mikaela Shiffrin at age 14 and brought her to Atomic’s attention.
• Matt Falcone is hard goods manager, is a Plymouth State University graduate who stayed in New Hampshire after school. He grew up skiing in New Hampshire and has great tuning skills. He worked with Mark Bettencourt tuning at Frosty's Ski Shop for two years and is a PSIA-certified instructor.
• Kimberly Bettencourt is a U.S. Ski Team athlete, avid skier and part of the ski industry for over 20 years.
Ski and Snowboard Outlet boasts it offers the best custom boot fitting in the valley, including canting and alignment, boot sole planing and boot lifting service. They also modify climbing boots, ice boots, tele-boots, ice skates and any other boot you can imagine. Need your Intuition liners recooked? Stop in!
Don't miss their annual Summer Ski and Snowboard Tent Sale going on Aug. 2-11. It features skis from Atomic, Volkl, Head, K2, Armada, Salomon and Line, the valley's largest boot, helmet and pole inventory, snowboards from Ride, K2, Nitro and Salomon, XC skis/boots and tons of accessories.
The new Ski and Snowboard Outlet and Liquidation Center is now located at 1881 White Mountain Highway (Route 16) in North Conway (across From Pizza Hut)
It's open every day at 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Stop in to find the best deals on everything you need for a perfect river day or to find insane prices on skis, snowboards and accessories.