Memorial Hospital President Art Mathisen reflects on his four years at the hospital as he prepares to step down to become the president and chief executive officer of Good Shepherd Health Care System in Hermiston, Ore.
Art Mathisen, his time at Memorial Hospital and what lies ahead.
- Terry Leavitt
Get the paper in your inbox!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Conway eReader Headlines
Would you like to receive a link to the Conway Daily Sun online eEdition and preview the top stories? Signup today!
- Judge orders review of transcripts in defamation case
- Conway selectmen to mull licensing pet cats
- Gorham town manager retires; continues opera house work
- Pine Tree kids guests of honor at selectmen's meeting
- After 'Golden Pond': Thompson hits the road with new novel
- HOLD FOR SAT: Raiders honored at Senior Awards
- Quote of the Week: Carl Thibodeau
- The Week in Review: May 27-June 2, 2023
- Tamworth bans Reach the Beach from town limits
- Official says don't use rec path during business hours
- Fryeburg man indicted on negligent homicide
- Logging accident claims life of Berlin man
- Paving begins on Mount Washington Valley Rec Path
- National Perspective: Be the grace in the world
- Memorial Day observances planned
- Police release details about Conway post office crash
- Four Eagles to intern for NASA this summer
- Police station expansion on selectmen's agenda
- Paul Kennison: Keep hateful, bigoted mindset away from children (3)
- AJ Hunter: It is possible to create a balance between STRs and residents (3)
- Susan Rheault: Where the MAGA budget-cutters when Trump ballooned deficit? (3)
- Franklin Stephenson: President is using racism to attempt to hold on to power (2)
- Art Mathisen, his time at Memorial Hospital and what lies ahead. (2)
- Kevin Costner’s estranged wife Christine Baumgartner ‘unhappy with his workload before split’ (2)
- Christina Milotte: Truth is it is the sad, uneducated white men who are racist (2)
- Beth Ruediger: Men in drag a heralded entertainment tradition (2)
- Nathaniel Gurien: Cannabis Nutcracker (2)
- Michael Corthell: Carnism fosters and indifference to the plight of animals (2)
- 'It was for the best!' Thomas Markle speaks out about Meghan not attending the coronation (2)
- Brodie Deshaies: A $2 nightly hotel surcharge will help local property taxpayers (1)
- Ann Borges: Reforming gun laws better than thoughts and prayers (1)
- Christopher Bellis, Sarah Stowe and Amber Theriault: Imagine (1)
- Mayor Grenier recognized by Democrats for efforts to make a difference (1)
- Clement finally gets Conway School Board seat (1)
- Mark Hounsell: Join effort for a local $2 surcharge on hotel rooms, restaurants (1)
- Gloria Aspinall: Opposed to plan for hunting and trapping bobcats (1)
- Steve Angers: How much longer will the school board accept bullying? (1)
- Senate kills cannabis bill, voting along party lines (1)
- Anita Burroughs: Time For New Leadership in Carroll County (1)
- Humane Society seeks to let dogs out, be good neighbor (1)
- Cynthia Muse: When the primary is over, GOP will fall in line for Trump (1)
- Kristina Snyder: Disheartening that Fish and Game wants to trap bobcats (1)
- N.H. Senate to vote on cannabis Thursday (1)
- Susan Rheault: Political partisanship is destroying our democracy's image (1)
- David Brooks: The Second Phase of the Biden Presidency (1)
- Sam Farrington: The short-term rental epidemic in Conway (1)
- Rolling Stones camped in van to see idol Buddy Guy live (1)
- Badasses from the 'Burg cancer fundraiser is Tuesday (1)
- Conway may start licensing, inspecting all rentals (1)
- Walter Davis: One word describes Donald Trump's town hall on CNN: Scary (1)
- New deadlines loom in Leavitt's mural case (1)
- Laura Slitt; Why is there always enough food for animals but not people? (1)
I'm saddened that Art Matheson is leaving his position. In my view the hospital has improved greatly during his tenure. I find that communication with my providers has greatly improved and the support staff are well trained in every respect. I wish him well in his future position.
Yet his photo with wife in front of the ice cream truck, she, happily digging in to bovine infant calf formula, milk, turned into a glorified product known to cause numerous health disorders, shows the dangerous disconnect between medical understanding and the CAUSE of disease! We know from decades of research and symptoms abounding, that the white liquid produced by mother cows to nurse their newborn calves they carried for none months, is LOADED with growth hormones like IGF-1, Estrogen, Estradiol, and others, that cause dairy-consuming nations to have the highest rates of breast, prostate and ovarian cancers. Dr. Brooke Goldner writes about her near death experience growing up with Lupus, and that after years of kidney disease, inflammatory issues, and multiple hospitalizations, after she took her health into her own hands, got OFF dairy and animal products, she healed, became a medical doctor, and is helping thousands of patients become people again!
So when we see a CEO of a healthcare system, happily and mindlessly posing with his loved one in front of a truck that delivers suffering, disease, and death, we might ask why this oversight occurs in much of what we call "healthcare" today! Cows do not produce milk because they are cows, they produce milk because they are mothers and ALL mothers milk is to nurse that species. Find out what happens to their babies, the babies they give birth to whose milk we take for our disease. See www.weanimalsmedia.org
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.