BERLIN — In its ongoing abundance of caution, North Country Healthcare has restricted visitors to all its facilities, including the Androscoggin Valley Hospital, and effective Tuesday, March 24, will temporarily suspend the following:
• Outpatient Specialty Provider Services: Wherever possible, we will make every effort to utilize technology to provide services between a patient's home and the respective healthcare provider. We will contact patients for whom this option will exist.
• Other Outpatient Services:
- Routine laboratory tests
- Routine Imaging: screening mammography, bone density, routine ultrasound
- Routine stress tests and pulmonary function tests
- Outpatient Rehab: Outpatient physical and outpatient occupational therapy and outpatient speech-language pathology within our hospitals have been postponed until the current public health crisis has been lifted. This does not include inpatient rehabilitation modalities
If you have any questions about emergent laboratory testing for therapeutic reasons, please contact your ordering healthcare provider to ensure that your need can be met. Some of our provider practices have the ability to draw blood and send it for testing.
Recognizing the pandemic of COVID-19, we are taking every measure possible to best ensure the health and well-being of our patients, providers, nurses and staff. We are dedicated to serving our communities and appreciate your ongoing trust, patience and understanding.