To the editor:
This letter is in support of William Murray's thoughts concerning Parker Roberts and his little girl, published in the September 9 issue of The Conway Daily Sun.
Having served as a selectman for the town of Ossipee and as a Carroll County Commissioner, I am well aware that political decisions may well incur substantial differences of opinion.
I offer these thoughts as a former resident of Tamworth during high school years and for several years thereafter.
It is ever so easy to enact political decisions without due diligence as to the effect on town employees and residents.
I would suggest that Robert's service as recreation director for Tamworth
over a period of 25 years and the wellness of a little girl with serious health issues is deserving of special consideration by the selectmen of Tamworth.
Continuing Robert's employment so his little girl may receive proper medical care is a decision most fair-minded people would likely support.
E. Morton Leavitt
- Fire destroys Tamworth home
- GOP Leader: Speaker didn't tell members of mask order
- Zhukovskyy's lawyers again push for bail
- Donald Trump Jr. coming to town Thursday
- Virtual Jen's Friends Climb surpasses goal
- Eagles claw Mountaineers in exciting home opener
- Bridgton-Lake Region Rotary Club to present 11th annual golf tournament Oct. 3
- Arts association to feature Lucy Merrow at the Met Coffee House in October
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Outdoor dining to return to Conway next year
- Obituary: Robert 'Bobby' Desilets
- Saco River campground seeks to upgrade
- The story of the Saco River Canal
- Pence touts peace, prosperity at Conway stop
- Purity Spring Resort Millbrook building to be razed
- 2 Black Hawk rescues; one ends tragically
- Man falls to death at Cathedral Ledge
- Skydivers thrill to jump over Fryeburg
- Police: Man who fell from Cathedral Ledge from N.Y.