CONWAY — The White Mountains Pride Festival, Saturday, June 29, will include a full day of entertainment from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the North Conway Community Center in North Conway Village.
The lineup, according to festival committee member Greg Vander Veer of Conway, is "mainly musicians, most of whom haven’t performed in the valley before.
"We have hiphop, we have queer pop, we have bluegrass, drag queens, lip syncing, folk music, hipster bands from Portland.We have performers coming from Oakland, Calif., New York City, Boston, Portland, Maine — all over the country.”
A brief interfaith blessing by Rev. Yolanda, a drag queen and minister from New York, and community spiritual leaders, starts things off, followed by morning performances from Conway indie rock artists Mila Dorji and Alex Villalobos, Shana Aisenberg of Freedom, 8th Fire Drum Circle of Maine and Rev. Yolanda. At 12:15 p.m., Quisol of Oakland, Calif., will play, followed by hip-hop artists New Fame at 1 p.m.; Dueling Divas at 1:45 p.m.; Portland folk band SnugHouse at 2:30 p.m.; and Concord-based folk-pop band Sensitive Men wrapping things up at 3:15 p.m.
The festival also will feature local food trucks and other vendors, information booths, games and activities throughout the day.
Many happy hours will be scheduled throughout the week at local pubs.
A happy hour is scheduled from 4-7 p.m. at Abenaki Trail Restaurant & Pub in North Conway with an after-party beginning at 9 p.m. at McGrath's Tavern in North Conway.
Admission to all events are free of charge, including other activities throughout the week, such as:
• Light Up Pride, taking place all week at Settlers Green Streetside in North Conway. Each night during Pride Week, the buildings will illuminate in rainbow colors, and there will be complimentary pride flags and shopping discounts and special pride merchandise.
• Pride Yoga, Saturday, June 22, 8:30-9:45 a.m. at Boot Camp Studio, 2260 Route 16, West Ossipee. Join Kripalu-trained yoga instructor Tara Schroeder for a class benefiting White Mountains Pride ($10 suggested donation). Space is limited. For information and to register, email email@example.com.
• Movie screening “Before Stonewall,” Saturday, June 22, at 7 p.m. at the North Conway Community Center.
• Hike for Equality, Sunday, June 23 at 10 a.m. at Echo Lake State Park, co-sponsored by Gay Outdoors, featuring a hike up Cathedral Ledge.
• Pride Week Ecumenical Service, Sunday, June 23, 4 p.m. at the Lutheran Church of the Nativity, 15 Grove St., North Conway.
• Author evening with Lisa Bunker, Tuesday, June 25, 6-7:30 p.m. at White Birch Books, 2568 White Mountain Highway, North Conway.
• Toga party, Thursday, June 27, at 9 p.m. at McGrath's Tavern, 3465 White Mountain Highway. Music by Shark Martin.
• Drag Queen Story Hour, Friday, June 28, 9:30 a.m. for tickets; story hour starts at 10 a.m.. Conway Public Library, 15 Greenwood Ave., Conway.
• Meet the Queens, Friday, June 28, 2 p.m., Jackson Community Church, 127 Main St., in Jackson.
• Rev. Yolanda's Gospel Hour Service, Friday, June 28, at 7 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church, 16 Pine St., North Conway.
• "How Inclusive Are We?" Worship Service, Sunday, June 30, at 10 a.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of The Eastern Slopes, 30 Tamworth Road, Tamworth.
For details on events and more information about White Mountains Pride, go to whitemountainspride.com or like them on Facebook.