WOLFEBORO — Quitting smoking isn’t easy—but it’s easier with the right help. As part of its mission to empower the fulfillment of life through better health, Huggins Hospital will offer The American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking program this fall.
Classes begin on Sept. 3 and will be held every Tuesday for seven weeks in the Medical Arts Education Center from 6-7:30 p.m. There will be an additional class on Sept. 26 in honor of “Quit Week.”
The class will be taught by David Anderson, a certified respiratory therapist at Huggins Hospital.
The American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking program gives you options, resources and support to quit for good. Freedom From Smoking helps you develop a plan of action that leads to your quit day. You’ll also get the support you need to remain smoke-free for life.
What you’ll learn:
• How to know if you’re really ready to quit.
• Medications that can increase your success.
• Lifestyle changes to make quitting easier.
• How to prepare for your quit day.
• Coping strategies for managing stress and avoiding weight gain.
• Developing a new self-image.
• How to stay smoke free for good.
For more information about the program or to register, contact Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (603) 569-7567.