CONCORD — The end of the academic year is here. But learning shouldn’t stop just because school is out. The New Hampshire Department of Education is launching its 2019 Summer Learning Challenge to help parents stop the summer slide.
Building on a program begun last year, the 2019 Summer Learning Challenge includes:
• Find A Book NH — a partnership with Lexile that helps parents find grade-appropriate summer reading material pegged to their children’s interests.
• The NH Summer Reading Program — a collaboration of New Hampshire libraries with the New Hampshire State Library.
• Scholastic’s Read-A-Palooza — an interactive challenge where students can log the number of minutes they spend reading this summer.
• The Summer Math Challenge — a partnership with Quantiles where parents can sign up for daily math challenges.
• Summer Nutrition — Where to find more than 100 summer meals programs across New Hampshire.
For more information, go to education.nh.gov/learning-challenge/index.htm.