By Donna Cormier
The White Mountain Milers Annual Meeting was held Tuesday at Tuckerman Brewery. Over 50 people attended, and all were or became members by the end of the evening.
Other news included the new Feelin' Good 5K Chili Cookoff, the White Mountain Miler Cranmore Hill Climb and Bucks for Bernie's Kids; the election of Laura Holtby and Christine Smith to the secretary position vacated by myself; and the election of Ken Cargill to club legal counsel, and Chris Perley stepping up to head up our scholarship committee. Thank you and congratulations.
The evening concluded with the awarding of the coveted spots for the Mount Washington Road Race. Fifteen Milers were present for the 20 spots — all had been rejected by the race and all 15 received a spot. Twelve people, who were unable to attend, were represented by others, and a lottery was held to distribute those spots.
Congratulations to all the White Mountain Milers for their hard work and good luck to the future runners to the top of the mountain.
The Milers were thanked by Kennett coaches Bernie and Tim Livingston for money donated by the club to buy uniforms for the teams and for volunteering at the track and field meets each year. Seventy uniforms are on order for the boys' teams. Another 70 were recently purchased for the girls' team and 36 for the middle school.
The second to last winter of 2017 Breakfast Runs was very well-attended last Sunday. People ran and walked anywhere from 3-10 miles to earn the delicious potluck breakfast and social time in the warm home of Steve and Cathy Dowling. We heard rumors of a chocolate kiss contest, but that didn't happen.
Games were played and congratulations to Linda Stetson on her big win.
The next and final breakfast run of the year will be held Sunday, April 2, again at the home of Steve and Cathy Dowling. This should be a blowout as many of our finest running chefs will be trying new recipes to finish off the season and your taste buds.
Don't be late for your Sunday Run, turn your clocks forward Saturday night!
"One run can change your day, many runs can change your life." — anonymous
Upcoming Races and Weekly Runs
All of these events listed are for runners and walkers.
• Every Wednesday, Breakfast Run: 6:45 a.m. walk/run and 7 a.m., with 4-mile and 3-mile loops. Meet behind the Mount Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce. Followed by breakfast at Stairway Cafe.
• Sunday Group Runs: Check whitemountainmilers.com or White Mountain Milers on Facebook for details (whitemountainmilers.com).
• Saturday April 8: Feelin' Good 5K Chili Cookoff, North Conway (www.runreg.com).
• Sunday, April 2: White Mountain Milers Breakfast Run (whitemountainmilers.com).
• Saturday, April 8: Feelin' Good 5K Chili Cookoff, North Conway (www.runreg.com).
• Saturday, April 29: 5K Trail Run at White Mountain Waldorf School (Whitemountainwaldorf.org).
• Saturday May 6: Running Rascals 5K (whitemountainmilers.com).
• Saturday June 10: 5K Color Run for Fun (facebook.com/events/1292549160842161).