The Mount Washington Valley offers miles of scenic paddling possibilities on local lakes and rivers.
The Saco River meanders from Saco Lake, high in Crawford Notch, through Mount Washington Valley and across the Maine border to Fryeburg and points south on its way to Saco, Maine.
Sandy-bottomed and gentle, the Saco is a perfect choice for paddling and tubing enthusiasts.
Nearby are such water bodies as Ossipee and Sebago Lake, where marinas offer kayak, pontoon boat, powerboat and jetski rentals.
Local rental liveries include:
• Andes Mountain Sports (374-6864), Bartlett
• Canoe King of New England (323-7442), Tamworth
• Columbia New England Mountain Sports (733-5241), North Conway
• Joe Jones Sun and Ski Sports (356-9411), North Conway
• Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center (466-2333), Pinkham Notch
• Ossipee Lake Marina (539-8456), Freedom
• Purity Spring Resort (367-8896), East Madison
• Northern Extremes (356-4718), North Conway
• Saco Canoe Rental (447-4275), Conway
• Saco Valley Canoe (800-447-2460), Conway
UPDATED BY TE 9-20--16