CONWAY — The White Mountain Chapter of ACF Chefs invites the public to celebrate food and Wine while mingling with local chefs and enjoying some great food at the annual Taste of New Hampshire, White Mountain Chapter, taking place June 2 from 5:30-9 p.m. at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort in North Conway.
White Mountain Chapter of ACF Chefs promotes culinary certifications, techniques, trends and industry updates at monthly meetings and events in and around Mount Washington Valley.
A portion of the proceeds from the event will go to culinary education for local and future chefs.
There will be a jazz band and silent auction along with live auction Items.
The food stations at this year's Taste of NH are as follows:
• Canapés/hot hors d'oeuvre — Chef Mike Beers, private chef and caterer at Brad Keselowski Racing.
• Tossed green salad to order — Chef Dave at the Red Jacket.
• Charcuterie/cold meats — Chef Mike Beers.
• Bread Station — Chef Lisa Somerville, Vintage Baking Co.
• Soup Station — Chef Matt Holland, White Mountains Regional High School.
• Risotto Station — Chef Scott Ross, Moat Mountain Smokehouse.
• Pasta Station (vegetarian/seafood option) — Chef James Scharnowske, Red Jacket Inn.
• Carving Station (roast beef au jus and fresh roasted turkey breast with sage pan gravy) — Chef Bryant Alden, Wildcat Tavern
• Blackened scallops with citrus slaw and honey habanero sauce — Chef/owner Bud Selmi, Margarita Grill.
• Tourtiere (classic pork pies) — Chef Gerard Prevost, St. Johnsbury Academy, served by Barbara and Dick Sanders
• Vegetable and Starch Station — Chefs Gary Sheldon and Brian Coffey, sponsored by North Country Farmers Co-op.
• Dessert Station (multiple properties) — Chef Doug Gibson, Red Fox Bar & Grille.
• Tickets are $35 per person and can be purchased at Wildcat Tavern (see Bryant Alden or call him at (603-387-0462) or available at the door.